So without further ado....the different post partum stages of outfits for the middle class-city living mom...a specific niche, eh?
The first 6 weeks: Outfits needed to be comfortable, flattering and not tight on my tummy. I wore skinny joggers and leggings often, with maternity jeans making a regular appearance. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight but didn't want pressure on my stomach!
1. [top] 1 week home from the hospital, skinny joggers and a t shirt [bottom] leggings & a comfy T.
2. Maternity Jeans, nursing tank top and stretchy cardigan 3. Maternity jeans, nursing tank & top.
4. Skinny joggers, nursing tank, and favorite necklace (from global mothers).
I got my maternity jeans from Motherhood Maternity and my skinny joggers from Target. I also have a pair from Old Navy that is no longer available but awesome. Speaking of Old Navy, Target and Motherhood, that seems to be where all of my clothes are from above! Both t shirts in photo 1 are from Target as well as the T in #4, the nursing tank in #2 is from Motherhood and the striped top in #3 is from Target. All easy to wear and comfy!
1. Striped top & sweatpant leggings, both from Old Navy with nursing cami from Motherhood (all of them).
2. Skinny joggers from Target, T from Target, Pullover & sandals from Superstore
3. Skinny joggers from Target, T & Denim overshirt from Old Navy.
4. Striped top from Old Navy, jeans from Motherhood & shoes from Payless.
Skinny joggers make me feel pulled together and comfortable. Nursing cami's are great for easy feeding access and a t shirt overtop means I can feel covered when feeding. Pull T shirt up, and tank down. Perfect for constant breastfeeding.
1 & 3. Tulip Hemmed shirt from Old Navy, jeans from Motherhood, Cardi from Liz Lange maternity at Target & wedges from Payless.
2. Maternity jeans, Blouse from Marshalls (I have it in 4 colors), necklace from Global Mothers
4. Blouse from superstore, Old Navy Rockstar jeans, necklace from Global Mothers.
And then we fade to summer. This summer I was dead set on looking pulled together in life. Also I was so so tired. Avelynn is sweet and adorable and also, I was tired. My heart not only needed Jesus (definitely) but also caffeine. Avelynn, thankfully, is very peaceful at Timmies, so steeped tea came to the rescue. Can I tell you? Taking my sister shopping for shorts was the best plan I'd made in some time.
1. Old Navy tulip hemmed tshirt, Necklace Global Mothers, short from Old Navy.
2. Blouse from Superstore, jean shorts from H&M, necklace made by me! Bag from Pick Your Plum
3. Comfy shorts from Reitmans, blouse from Forever21 & necklace made by me!
4. Shorts (same as black in #1 from ON), T from Target, Necklace by Global Mothers.
5. T from Old Navy, shorts from H&M, Necklace by Global Mothers.
Figuring out how to pull together outfits in the summer once the heat comes is tricky! I am hot and don't want to wear much but want to feel pulled together. I copied my sister a lot this summer!
1. T shirt (lace on back) from Marshalls, Necklace Global Mothers & shorts from H&M
2. Blouse from Superstore, Necklace Global Mothers & shorts from ON
3. Tulip Hem T from ON, shorts from Reitmans, Necklace Global Mothers
4. Shorts from H&M, Blouse from Forever21, Necklace Global Mothers
5. Necklace from Forever 21, Blouse from Marshalls, Shorts from H&M. I call this my southern woman look.
You'll notice the ever present sandals in white and black, $20 from Superstore. So comfortable and so much better to pull an outfit together than flips! Also the ever present short jean shorts from H&M that Jenna talked me into buying. I love them and am so glad she convinced me to go there. I was definiely skeptical at first.
H&M shorts in each photo, all shirts from Old Navy. These are for sure favorite easy every day looks.
1. Sweater from the Latest Scoop, Rock star jeans. 2. Soft pants from ON with ON tank, necklaces from Forever21 & sporty cardigan from J76.
3. Skinny joggers from Target, T from ON (relaxed fit), with buffalo check blouse from ON.
4. Sporty cardigan from J76, tank from ON, necklace from Global Mothers, skinny joggers from ON.
2. Soft patterned pant from ON, T and necklaces from Forever21. 3. Rockstar coated skinnies & tank from ON.
Can I tell you something else? My sister is amazing. See how all the photos above are taken by me? At least mostly? Jenna has agreed to be my outfit photographer going forward. Today she took some photos of me and man, I looked good. So not only does she inspire my outfits, she captures them beautifully. I'm so thankful for a sister like this. She is the best. Also last night she babysat my baby and when I arrived to pick Avie up she looked so peaceful and happy. Auntie did a great job. Also turns out, my fabulous 7 year old nephew Connor looked after her for most of the night. I'm so proud of that little guy. And so loved that someone I have cared for and loved, cares for and loves my baby. Connor, you make an auntie proud.