Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 23: Random

I’ve been writing all morning. I’m sharing at our church’s women’s retreat on Friday and I’ve been working away on what it feels that God wants to share with them. It’s been another great, productive day though. Finished all the random admin I can do for the day, and am feeling fairly pleased with my talk for Friday.



It’s so strange at work right now. Out of the 25 person office 6 have moved to Toronto and right now 10 are travelling for board meetings and such. There are only 6 or so of us in the office and it’s very quiet! Most of them go out for “meetings” and don’t return for hours. It’s great though, as that means I can practice my talk for Friday and not look crazy!


This afternoon I am heading to my chiropractor’s office to have my back adjusted, and then I’ll head home to experiment with a new recipe: Zucchini Lasagna. I am so excited to try…It should be tasty, and I have SO MUCH Zucchini at home. Usually we use so much, but I’ve been away two weekends and Candace has been away a week and it messed up our food consumption which I somehow did not take in to account when I went grocery shopping. So, tomorrow night we’ll be having Parmesan Zucchini with baked chicken and veggie loaded marinara meat sauce. So excited.


I only recently discovered my love of Zucchini. In fact I hated it for years. I only allowed myself to eat it if it were made in to a loaf or cake with chocolate. Somewhere in the past year I just started to like Zucchini. I can’t explain. I have no reason for it. It happened and I am so glad it did.


Normally I buy 2 bags of the costco mini Zucchini’s. This time I thought I’d buy 3 since I’m always running out. Ridiculously did not think about how rarely we’d be home.


So on top of dinner for the next two nights I will also be attempting Zucchini loaf and Zucchini Cake for the first time. I will make both to see which I prefer for the future. I’m not sure if I’m more of a loaf or cake person in this instance.


AND this is why I love google. Seriously. Google is a cook’s best friend. Need a recipe? Just type it in and you’ll have hundreds of recipes with photos and directions. You’ll find blogs with extra details and helpful hints!


Sometimes I’ll come to google with a list of ingredients and ask it to find me a recipe with all of those ingredients. 9 times out of 10 it does! Oh google, you make my life so wonderfully easy.


In a continued shout out to google, I also love google reader that allows me to follow my favorite blogs. I follow, I think, about 20 blogs. I can read on my phone, my iPod touch, our iPad or my computer. Cause google rocks. I can go online at work and type in my schedule for the week, and immediately my husband can check my schedule on his phone at school. Google FTW! Also, Gmail. Needs no explanation, other than I love it. It’s awesome.


It is very rainy outside. I am not looking forward to the many bus rides I have ahead of me. Thankfully I have my rain coat and umbrella, but unfortunately I do not have my rain boots


I am wearing a hoodie to work today. It is awesome. Hoodies make me happy.


Energy drinks keep me awake…and give me a headache.


I have drank 3 large glasses of water today. I had a salad for lunch. I got to wake up half an hour later than normal (and will get to continue doing so for 1 and a half weeks due to scheduling at work). My husband drove me to the sky train this morning (rare and happy occurrence). I have 3 containers on my desk for organization; they contain binder clips, paper clips, random things and more binder clips. Next to that I have a cup full of pens, pencils and scissors.


Alright, time to get back to work – because boy do I have random things to do! Like sort out recycling and run the dishwasher. Woooooo.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...