Monday, October 3, 2011

Food, Friends & Goals

My friend Laura is amazing. And even though I attempted to manipulate her in to doing a 31 day blogging challenge she graciously agreed to engage in the challenge with me. This time we’re changing it slightly from our last go; we only need to write 5 out of 7 days each week – as there needs to be days of rest, or days that are so busy there is no time to blog. She’s also set a time limit on herself – but I’m content to waste much more time, haha.


A while back Laura posted a list of things she’d like to do. I made my own list it was, as follows (with comments on how I am doing):


1. Bake more. Success! I have baked twice in the past month, just for fun!
2. Read my Bible more. This has been unsucessfull – BUT I have a new plan and I’m hoping it works.
3. Do 10-15 minutes of exercise a day. I’ve started riding my bike to work each day – half an hour of exercise!
4. Drink 6 cups of water a day. This is definitely not happening – but I am getting through 4 glasses a day, plus one cup of juice with Oil of Oregano, and I’ve cut my caffeine intake down. So I’m calling this a win.
5. Fold the Laundry as soon as it’s out of the dryer. This has not been happening and it has been making my room so messy! I need to change!
6. Blog more regularly. Hence this challenge
7. Pray regularly. Yes!
8. Be creative / have fun. Yes! And loving it!
9. Read more often. Success! Getting through so many great books
10. Sort out the boxes/bags around my house that keep accumulating because they need sorting. This is the bane of my existence and I am finding it so difficult!
11. Get more sleep! Sure am! Usually 8 hours a night. Wahoo! It helps that I work 1 hours and 15 minutes later in the day now.


Next up: I joined in Org Junkie’s 52 week organization challenge. I was doing awesome for the first 2 months – but I’ve let it slide lately. 2 weeks ago I took what was left on my list, added a few new things and am starting again. It’s been 2 weeks and I’ve crossed two things off! So far so good!


Organization Goal:
1. Sort Papers – Consolidate (from EVERYWHERE in house) and Conquer
2. Sort out storage area & organize Shopping Bags into a good system
3. Basket in Bedroom
4. Apply for Nexus (and other such tasks hanging over my head)
5. Sort bookshelf – books in order and by type! & reorder Games Shelf
6. Assemble Craft Station
7. Fill Craft Station
8. Bedside Drawers
9. Make Cards for all occasions (Goal of 30)
10. Make Front Door Area look nice (outside)
11. Make Front Door Area look nice (inside)
12. Print, frame and put up pictures
13. Reorganize Africa Corner
14. Top of Fridge, Top of Microwave & outside of Fridge
15. Hang Picture Frames
16. Paint Turquoise Shelf Brown or Black
17. Sort Craft Area in to Sections: Storage, Kitchen Storage, Crafts & Event Planning
18. Organize Desk Area
19. Organize Bedroom Dresser
20. Organize Bedroom Closet

I just have to keep trucking and I’ll get through!


This weekend was lovely – Friday night we had high school friends of mine over for games. It was a blast! They spend the night with us as they were headed to the airport early the next morning. We really enjoyed our time with them! We even stayed up late to watch TV together, while the boys ate greasy food.


Saturday Paul and I got to sleep in – and had a wonderfully relaxing day. At 2 I got my hair “blown out” by the hair dresser (left feeling so beautiful) and by 4:30 we were at the Stanley Park Pavillion for our dear friends, Devin & Lydia MacLeod’s, wedding. What a great night! Lydia, of course, looked STUNNING. And as all of her bridesmaids were friends of mine, it was great to see how gorgeous they also looked! Lydia and Devin have a great group of friends – there were so many fun, enjoyable, quality people there. I was basically engaged in conversation all night with different people, until the time came to cut it up on the dance floor – which was a blast. On top of some great time dancing with different girlfriends, I also got to dance with Paul, which is always fun.

Photo by Lyndsay Kinghorn

Sunday we slept in way late to recover from the wedding. We lounged on the couches and watched TV. It was a perfect Sunday. After that we headed to church and God moved in my heart in amazing ways. I was reminded again of his great love for me – and wow, it caught me off guard. It was so beautiful and amazing and moving. He spoke right to me heart to ensure me of his love; and to paint a picture of what that intimacy looks like. It was so wonderful. PG’s sermon told the story of God’s love for us, and his willingness to come in to our disrepair and chaos and love us as we are, not as we should be. The time of worship was sweet. I left church reminded of that first love.


After church I had 3 ladies over for a women’s ministry meeting time. I love having women’s ministry meetings at my place – as feeding women is very different than feeding families or men. I got to serve fun and dainty foods fit for wonderful women. I served Boursin & Diva Crisps, Salsa & Chips, Cucumber Shrimp Rounds and Apple Brownies with icing and Pear preserves. We planned out our year– we worked well as a team and had a great time also. I keep being reminded of how lucky I am to be in the spiritual family that I’m in. The women in my life are such a huge blessing to me – I can barely believe that God would love me enough to bless me with such rich relationships. I hardly care if this all sounds too much like a hallmark card – it’s how I feel! I am so excited to help build a ministry that loves women and gives them opportunities to engage in these types of relationships.





After that meeting, I headed to my Aunt and Uncle’s for a Life group Leaders meeting. Normally I just gloss over these meetings in my blog – as it’s hardly interesting reading material for most people. But again, I was keenly aware of what a great group of people I get to do ministry and life with. We wrestled through the challenges of leading people, and what it looked like to actually help people grow more like God. Paul and I have recently started a new life group and we miss the comfort of our old group. We miss many of the people. Starting something new is uncomfortable and tricky. We are thankful for the people we are starting this new group with – and are excited to see what God has in store. After the meeting last night I have a renewed excitement to move forward and see exactly all that God has in store for the people he has placed on our heart.


Once that meeting was over and Paul and I returned home, I had some time to catch up on some mindless TV; ANTM, project runway and some Glee. Love!


This morning I got to sleep in a bit, as work didn’t start until 10 today (as I work until 5:30 tonight). The rain stopped by the time I needed to head out so I was successfully able to ride my bike again! I really don’t want to let the rain stop my momentum – and I’m trying to figure out what it looks like to continue cycling through the winter.


Anyways – I should get back to work – it is a busy day (this was my lunch break) and I have tons to do! And when work is done I get to heat up the casserole I made earlier and quickly eat before heading to a Deacon’s meeting. Wow – between yesterday and today I’d say I’ll be all meeting’d out shortly!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...