Thursday, October 27, 2011

Reflections on Food

Sooooo…Monday we did in fact stick with our goal of having creamy spinach soup, but since I had left over Eggplant and Zucchini, we had breaded baked veggies instead of Pita Crisps

Tuesday we had Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Cauliflower Pizza – though we did not have veggies and Hummus, as we realized the first two were more than enough!

Wednesday we ended up having friends over, so I made Seasoned Basmati Rice, Yoshida Chicken Kabobs, Steamed Asparagus and Roasted Vegetables. It was AMAZING.

I guess I’ve done pretty good at sticking to my meal plan – despite the craziness of last night! The friends that we had in town were from Oregon and needed a place to park their car before flying to Montreal. So they ended up, spur of the moment, joining us for dinner and the evening. It was lovely. Rachelle (the wife) is a new friend. She briefly moved to Vancouver from Calgary for a few months, and then was able to join her husband and Oregon by September. She came to our EN church in the summer, as she had been attending an EN church in Calgary. Despite only have gotten to hang out with her maybe 3 times – she is one of those people I just love being friends with. We clicked super quickly. She is a flight attendant with WestJet, so getting to see her is tricky. She is gone a lot! Especially now that she lives in Oregon, haha. I’ve hung out with her now (including last night) 3 times in Vancouver, and got to see her once in Calgary! It was nice to meet her husband Adam (who Paul had already met at the EN Calgary church a few years ago). And as Adam is from Oregon (Paul’s home state) and actually from a small town next to the small town Paul’s from, they have lots to bond over. Dinner with them was lovely.

Monday I made the Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cups for the baking contest as a trial. They looked GREAT (can’t wait to get my iPhone so I can show you these things). They tasted good – not amazing. I’m trying to figure out what they need to be a bit more special. I’m thinking they need a bit more pumpkin to be perfect. We’ll see, I guess. I’m doing another run of it tonight.

Also tonight? I get to babysit Connor and Austin, wahoo! I know I’ve said it before, and I’ll definitely say it again in the future, but oh man, I love those Nephews of mine! Cannot wait to tuck them in to bed, read stories with them, etc. I’ll admit though, I’m hoping for no poopy diapers.

Alright it’s back to work to start my first time doing expenses – I learned their system yesterday, so here goes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...