Monday, November 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday, Weekend Recap and Grad party to do list!


Monday: Wings, Veggies & Dip, Potatoes & Carrots, Rice, Caesar Salad, & Pita Crisps
6pm - 8pm > Women's Minstry meeting & Dinner at our place. 8pm - 10pm > Worship Meeting for Youth.
Tuesday: Paul to make dinner
7:30pm > Arrive home from states / work on party prep!
Wednesday: Chicken Toquitoes
Party Prep!
Thusday: Vietnamese Salad Rolls
Paul's grad in AM, family lunch, then work on Party Prep!
Friday: Paul’s Grad Party
Saturday: American Thanksgiving
Sunday: Dinner out with family

This weekend was quite full. Friday evening and all day Saturday we were with the leaders of our church for a vision retreat. Friday night was full of games and laughter, and some great prayer/prophecy. Saturday was filled with talks, small groups and eating together. Below are pictures of the lunch – and wow! So great. It felt like family.

So much food!
I love that this shot captures food and friendship.
I love seeing some of my friends in the background thoroughly enjoying being together!
Saturday evening we had my Nana over for dinner. It is always such a great treat to spend time with her – and because I love her I didn’t try to get a picture of us together for the blog – because she is not a fan of being in pictures! But regardless, our time together was absolutely lovely. As per usual we had excellent conversation and a warm time. After she left Paul and I lounged and did, basically, nothing. It was also pretty wonderful.

Sunday I got together with my friend Stephanie (also pictured below) for coffee – we talked for hours and had an amazing connection time. I like her so much. It was lovely to get to catch up and be in relationship together…so good.


Without knowing it, Stephanie and I showed up to the vision retreat in virtually identical outfits. This happens to us often...and never on purpose! 
After coffee was church – Irene and I helped lead the service, which is always nerve wracking but it was a great time! Then we headed to my parents for dinner – I’ll admit by that point I was so exhausted I could barely move. Though the weekend wasn’t stressful and I got good long sleeps each night, there was something about having deep, moving conversations all weekend that wore me out! Every where I went all weekend, I was engaging in conversations with people that were real, and deep and wonderful, but also often heavy as we worked through issues and talked about truth. It felt like a weekend full of counseling – in both roles! So we did not stay too long at my parents (I was so tired I was near tears….being a woman is annoying). When we got home Paul tucked me in to our couch with our duvet and sangria. We watched mindless comedy and where in bed by 10. I felt so much better once I woke up!

This morning I awoke to rain and sleet…..snow on the ground near my house, and stinging rain on the way downtown – but I got out, and on my bike and made it to work! I was TOTALLY soaked through, and very glad for a hot shower. I can’t believe I actually stuck with it – Discipline is so rare for me!

This week is strange as I have Tuesday, Thursday and half of Friday off work. Tomorrow I am driving down to Bellingham to pick Paul’s mom, shopping for the party and then heading back here, where Paul and his sister Katie will be anxiously awaiting her arrival. Thursday is the day of Paul’s grad and much food prep for his party! Friday is a funeral for a family member, followed by Paul’s grad party (obviously we planned the party before we knew a funeral would be happening that day). Busy week!

Here’s my party to do list:

To Do:
Monday:
Work on Decorations
Cream Cheese Wraps
Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cups
Chocolate Bark (Reece’s & Peppermint)

Tuesday:
Grocery Shopping in WA
Work on Decorations
Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes (Make Mixture & bake ahead – heat in microwave day of)

Wednesday:
Grocery Shopping at Costco/CA
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf (Make Dough ahead, unfreeze Wednesday / Bake Thursday)
Apple Brownies (Make Dough Wednesday night – fridge! / Bake Thursday / Make icing Thursday)
Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cups (Make Dough ahead, unfreeze Wednesday / Make icing Thursday)
Fudge (Mint & Caramel) (Make Wednesday)
Broccoli & Rice Casserole (Make Ahead)

Thursday:
Cucumber Shrimp Rounds (Make Mixture Thursday, plate at party)
Potstickers (Cook Thursday / Reheat day of)
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf (Make Dough ahead, unfreeze Wednesday / Bake Thursday)
Apple Brownies (Make Dough Wednesday night – fridge! / Bake Thursday / Make icing Thursday)
Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cups (Make Dough ahead, unfreeze Wednesday / Make icing Thursday)
No Bake Rice Crispy Chocolate Balls (Make Thursday)
Wings (Hot & Honey Garlic) (Marinade ahead, bake day before, reheat day of)
Meatballs (Mix with Sauce ahead & cook in crockpot day of)
Friday:
Boursin & Crackers (Plate Day of)
Wings (Hot & Honey Garlic) (Marinade ahead, bake day before, reheat day of)
Meatballs (Mix with Sauce ahead & cook in crockpot day of)
Mini Meatloaf Cupcakes (Make Mixture & bake ahead – heat in microwave day of)
Velveeta Dip (Day of)
Chili Velveeta Dip (Day of)
Cucumber Shrimp Rounds (Make Mixture Thursday, plate at party)
Sweet Pickles (Plate Day of)
Regular Pickles (Plate Day of)
Potstickers (Cook Thursday / Reheat day of)
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf (Make Dough ahead, unfreeze Wednesday / Bake Thursday)
Chocolate Truffles (Costco / Plate day of)

Phew!

1 comment:

Paraphrase said...

Holy... cow... You win. Best party food ever...

Also, your Monday night's dinner is amazing! That's like three meals for me! Wings and veggies is a meal. Then rice and veggies would be another night's meal. And having salad with pitas would be another meal entirely as well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...