Monday, December 12, 2011

Menu Plan Monday & Must try Monday.

This weekend was lovely – update with photos to follow. But in the meantime:

Menu Plan Monday











Monday: Meatball Casserole with Roasted Veggies

Tuesday: Work Christmas Dinner

Wednesday: Freezer Casserole / Tara out for dinner

Thursday: Veggies Soup (to make up for the indulgent dinner Tuesday)

Friday: Leftovers / Paul at work Christmas Dinner.

Saturday: Christmas Dinner at place for 16 ppl. Our part is Turkey, Gravy, Appies & Dessert.

Sunday: Mom’s Birthday Dinner. Bruschetta Chicken, Roasted Veggies, Brown Rice as below without meat, and Pita Crisps.


Must Try Monday: 
Though sadly I couldn't figure out how to link up today...but here's her blog. Oh wait, maybe I did. See below.
Photobucket








This recipe is my go to recipe when I need to use up leftover rice. I seem to always make at least twice as much rice as I need for any recipe and always have tons left! I usually have some sort of chicken or turkey, cooked and willing to be offered up for this meal and I always have at least a few Zucchini’s in my fridge. I’m sure other veggies would work as well, but this is my favorite. This meal can also be made without meat if you’re wanting to use it as a side dish, and not a whole meal.

Easy Rice Mix:

Ingredients:

• Zucchini – 1 large, cut into quarters and sliced.
• Rice – whatever leftovers you have, but probably 3 cups cooked
• Chicken or turkey, cooked and cut in to cubes. Probably 2 cups cooked
• Spices (I use Johnny’s Greek Garlic Seasoning, but any garlic mix from epicure would work, or a simple mix of garlic and onion salts.
• Becel, to taste

Directions:

Sauté Zucchini in Becel (or butter if you prefer) and garlic and onion salt to taste for about 4-5 minutes, or until beginning to soften. Add chopped chicken and sauté for another minute. Add another scoop of becel, and as that begins to melt, toss the rice onto the pan. Mix together, and slowly add in Johnny’s Greek Garlic Seasoning to taste. And voila – a side dish or meal, all prepared.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...