Monday, April 16, 2012

Must Try Monday Baked French Fries & Menu Plan Monday


Photobucket
Must Try Monday: Baked Fries (w. simple tasty ribs)

This weekend was my husbands last weekend at home for 6 weeks. I asked him what he wanted for his final dinner. He remembered that I had a rack of ribs in the freezer. He said he would like to eat them.

It was 3:30 pm and they were frozen.

Also, I’ve never made ribs before.

Challenge accepted.

I asked him what he would like to go with them, he said French Fries – then he said he knew he couldn’t have that since we didn’t have any frozen ones in the freezer (not that we ever do). I told him I could fake it using some potatoes. Then we realized French Fries were called that due to the frying process, and we don’t have a deep fryer and oil and pans scares me. I thought I could maybe bake them – and also make them more flavorful than regular fries. This recipe is the result; the amazing, tasty, please-make-more-again-soon result.

Baked Seasoned Fries

Ingredients:
• Potatoes (1 ½ per person)
• 2 tablespoons of oil (I used olive oil)
• ¼ cup of flour
• Salt, Garlic Salt, Onion Salt and Seasoning Salt to taste (about 1 tsp each)
**I always sprinkle, not measure so that is why I just don’t know!**
**And also, yes that’s a lot of salts. The Garlic and Onion powders work also…or really any flavor you like with potato.**

Directions:
• Wash & Peel Potatoes.
• Cut into fry shaped sizes
• Toss in oil
• Add flour and seasoning and stir to coat
• Spread tinfoil on a baking sheet, grease.
• Lay coated potatoe pieces on sheet, spaced out.
• Bake until cooked and crispy (about 20 minutes, cook to preference) at 450.

That’s it! Eat and enjoy.

Oh and the Rib Challenge?

I grabbed those frozen ribs, rubbed them down with Garlic and Onion Salts and using my hands slathered them with BBQ Sauce (Budweiser Brand, so tasty). I put them in the oven at 350, covered in a turkey pot, for about 3 hours. At 2 hours I was more than able to separate the two layers of ribs, break them apart and cook them for a more even cooking. After 3 hours I turned the heat up to 450 to cook the potatoes and left them in there to keep cooking with a generous new heaping of BBQ sauce.

So tasty. So easy.

Wine, Pub food & Stargate – great last date with Husband.


Menu Plan Monday:
Monday: Leftover Ribs, rice & Asparagus
Tuesday: Broccoli, Rice & Turkey Casserole
Wednesday: Dinner out
Thursday: Chicken Ceasar Salad
Friday: on the road

Here’s the question:
I’ll be driving down to Seattle to see a friend – do I stop and eat on the way (fatty and bad for me but OH SO TASTY) or pack a lunch (saving money but boring?).
I am torn.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pack a tasty lunch- wraps are a fave here. :) Your menu looks good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...