Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lately


Oh man – work is BUSY. I LOVE it. For realz. The ADD in me works super well with fast paced.

Monday I rode my bike to and from work in the rain. It was unpleasant. But I came home to Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Chili [http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html ] so that helped. I made a plate of nachos and it was a very happy meal time. I spent the evening prepping for my talk at the Gospel Weekend this coming weekend.

Tuesday it was beautiful. Cold but gorgeous. The sun was hitting the mountains and snow and windows in such a beautiful way – my bike ride in felt like more of an adventure than a commute. The ride home was equally nice, despite it being all up hill. Then it was time to make Butter Chicken for lifegroup, which was super tasty.

Today it has been cold but dry, so riding has been mostly pleasant. Tonight after work I will continue to work on my Gospel Weekend talk – I need to have it nailed down and soon and tonight is my last big chunk of time to do it! I was supposed to through some food in the crockpot but Paul vetoed the recipe so I’ll be throwing some wings in the oven when I get home and making something easy. I think I’ll chop up some potatoes to roast and serve it all with veggies. After I throw things in the oven I’ll drive over to my parents to drop off dinner for them since my mom is having surgery today to remove the cancer that they found in her breast. I’m thankful she has my dad for support, and I wanted to find something to do to help support him!

Tomorrow we’re having a young couple over for dinner – Nellie goes to UBC and John lives in Calgary. He goes to the Every Nation Church there and when we heard he had a girlfriend here we told him he could stay at our place anytime, so he’s stayed a few times since this summer and this will be our first time to hang out with the two of them. We never mind him crashing at our place and we love that it can help provide a safe context to the whole long distance dating thing. I’ll be making Pesto Orzo, Roasted Veggies and roasting some pork loins.

Then this weekend is the Gospel weekend. This is an event that Paul and I are planning based out of a conference we went to this summer. We’ve enlisted the help of the campus team here. We’re both speaking at it, which makes me super nervous since I’m new at this! Paul will not only be fine, he’ll be awesome. But we’ll see. Thankfully my talk is based off of a course we were taught and a book we read, so it is really just piecing it together to share in 20 minutes rather than trying to make a whole sermon or something.

I’ve got plans to make different meals that can be cooked in the crockpot and served from there so that I can feed our students without us being home.
Friday I’m making Crockpot Italian Chicken

And Saturday its Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe’s
Source: family.go.com via Tara on Pinterest

Sunday is hopefully seeing a friend in the morning and then a bridal shower in the afternoon and then the evening at home, complete with a chicken taco recipe that I’ve been wanting to try for ages but that has to be made on a weekend due to its cooking time.


And that is some of what I have to look forward to.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...