Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Menu's and thoughts

I got home from the Island yesterday evening. I'll fill you in on the weekend more tomorrow but I managed to catch the 5pm ferry to Vancouver. There was an Idle No More Protest happening outside the terminal, but thankfully it did not impede my trip. I ran into a new friend on the ferry, which was lovely. Paul picked me up on the other side and I was home by 7:30. I immediately had a shower (so awesome), then did some laundry, prepped dinner for the next day and made 5 lunches for Tuesday. I finished these chores by 9:15pm and joined Paul on the couch for Blizzards and the newest episodes of "The Office" and "SNL". We were so happy to be together after 4 days apart.

And now I'm back at work - it's a slow day but having taken Friday off there is stuff for me to do to catch up. 


Menu Plan:

Monday: Broccoli and Chicken Fettucini Alfredo (made on Wednesday)

Tuesday: Taco's - creamy chicken and regular ground beef - for Lifegroup

Not only is this an easy meal to feed 15-20 people, but it also doesn't involve much cooking. The Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Taco Mixture cooks all day and all I have to do is brown and season some ground beef at the end. Aside from that it's just making my homemade guacamole and salsa, heating up refried beans and microwave cooking some Rice. Easy peasy! And anything Mexican is always a crowd favorite.

Wednesday: Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy with Rice and veggies



Wednesday night everyone is home for dinner, so I wanted something that felt more like a real meal, and less like a casserole dish. But since I do work all day, the Crock Pot dish means I only have to make rice (in microwave) and veggies (steam, then saute)

Thursday: Pesto Stuffed Shells



Source: delish.com via Tara on Pinterest

Thursdays are always a rush since I see my sister that evening and need to be there in time to tuck my  nephews in - however it's valentines day so I wanted to make something easy and special. I always feel like there's something about pesto that makes a dish a bit fancier.

Friday: Crockpot Cowboy Casserole



Friday night Paul and I are out for dinner, so I needed a dish that was a full meal in one that can be scooped straight from the crockpot by our students with little effort. This is a first try for me, but it looks tasty. 

Saturday: Cheesy, Cheddar Ranch Chicken w. roasted veggies and pasta



Saturday I will be down in the states with my friend Lindsay all day, and then Lindsay and her husband John will be coming over for dinner. I wanted something that would be tasty and easy - this dish cooks in 35 minutes, which is enough time to through together some side dishes while it bakes. 

Sunday: Crockpot Mac & Cheese



Sundays usually end up being busy for me and this one is no exception. I have to hit up Costco in the AM, then have a womens ministry meeting lunch at my house from noon to 2:30 (thankfully I only need to provide the drinks), then I'm hosting at church and then it's back to my house after church for dinner with Ana and Josh and  night of wedding organizational plans. They get married in one month from this weekend! With all that is going on I needed a meal that I could toss in the crock pot. Since this only needs a short cooking time, I'll toss is in just before the women come over and stir it at the hour mark, then leave it on warm for the next 2 hours until we're ready to eat. 

This week I've got things to work on for the Womens Retreat we're planning, we have a meeting on Sunday to move forward on some items. I've got my talk to work on for the upcoming Gospel Weekend that we're planning February 22/23, as well as planning details for that event. 

As I mentioned I'm away Saturday in the states shopping with Lindsay and Friday we have a double date with awesome friends, the Papali's. It's a busy week but it's filled with great things. So while the thought of all that is coming at me is exhausting, the thought of not doing these things is worse.

And with that I should sign off and wish for yet another stat day - I have a command center in my kitchen that's begging to finally be organized. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...