Wednesday, March 13, 2013

House love

This weekend was super full and busy - followed by a night full of making Lasagne's Monday and then lifegroup last night. Work has been equally  hectic in between. Posts about the fun adventures of the weekend will have to wait, as photos take time to get edited! But for now, highlights from yesterday. 

Yesterday and today we are having big meetings at work - so that means early mornings for me and busy days. I arrange the catering ahead of time and then make sure everything goes smoothly on the day of. I replenish coffee and drinks - today alone I have made 7 large thermos' full of coffee and used 1 litre of cream. Phew. 

I drove into work yesterday because it was an early start - 7:15am isn't a super fun time. I was double glad to drive since it was pouring outside. This meant that when I left work at my normal time I was home much sooner - Paul asked me to stop by the Dollar store to buy some chocolate bars as a prize at school. I did that...and then I saw baskets. So many fun baskets in so many fun colors. These are the ones I walked away with.


I have been collecting turquoise/teal and pink baskets for my craft room and command center as well as looking out for other fun bright pops like the orange. I can't wait until I have the time to organize both spaces! I found a bunch of great stuff at Target on my last trip and I think I might now have all I need!

Then it was home to prepare for LG. Thankfully I'd made 3 Lasagne's the night before so all I had to do was throw them in the oven for an hour and whip up some garlic bread. I toasted buns and then buttered them with becel and johnny's garlic seasoning. Sooo good. 

Since I was so ahead of the game I also read for a bit and watched some TV. So rare! The time before LG is normally a race to get done on time. 

Then it was LG...there were 18 of us for dinner and the Lasagna was a huge hit. I used the Small Thing Blog's recipe and people loved it. Then it was time for coffee and discussion. As we were getting ready to start I looked up and noticed Paul sitting like this...


Because lifegroup isn't complete without a sword?

After lifegroup was over I immediately changed into flannel PJ's and rejoined the group - usually people sit around and chat for a while. I sat down with Jodi and Sunny - Jodi was trying to make something on excel and wanted my help. Oh I love to make spreadsheets that make life easier for people. 

Then by 9:30 everyone was gone - I needed to be in bed by 9:45 so I grabbed a glass of Sangria and a book and sat down on the couch to read. It was a moment of peace in the busyness. On my way to my room I walked through the kitchen to put my glass into the sink. And I realized...I love this house. I love this kitchen. It's not perfect. It's not going to be in a magazine but it's mine and it's cozy and welcoming. 

There are these little snapshots of spaces in the kitchen that make it seem so warm and inviting. I can't believe I get to call this my space.

Here is the eating area 
- I love the warm wood tones and all the vegetables - 
I especially love the coffee station. 


Flowers and Fruit - In yellow and red!


Coffee Stand and Vegetables. 
Obviously the cucumbers don't fit.


My command center (still needs to be organized) and basic veggies - potatoes and onions.


Tray, s&p and flowers on my dining room table. 
I love seeing them as I walk by.


Our house is the haven that it should be and I am so thankful to God for this home. 

Speaking of our home and God's provision, we're looking for another female to live with us - either a student or young professional. It's for the downstairs bedroom - the cozy brown room. The rent would include internet/cable/utilities/laundry facilities as well as 3 meals a day. Let us know if you know of anyone!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...