Monday, March 11, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


Part One: The Meal Plan / Ana's Wedding Week

Monday: Mexican Pie

Source: taste.com.au via Tara on Pinterest


Tuesday: Lasagne w. ceasar salad



The only difference is that I use one layer of Zucchini in mine.

Wednesday: Leftovers for the boys & Rachel / Ana's Stagette at the French Table for Tara


Thursday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches from Pinterest



Friday: Rehearsal Dinner @ Moxies

Saturday: Wedding (Catering by Memphis Blues!)


Sunday: Like Gramma's Chicken & Dumplings


Source: family.go.com via Tara on Pinterest


Part two: The results

Last week I planned to make

1. Spaghetti Ham Bake



I would say this was a success. It was easy and made a double meal batch. My only complaint was that the onions need to be sauteed before being added. It was a bit too oniony. But that is an easy fix and I will definitely make this again. We ate it twice this week and I was so thankful.

2. Tex Mex Pork Stew

This was mildly successful. The guys liked it, though I was indifferent. In the future I'd add potatoes to bulk it up. 

3. Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo



I loved this and so did life group. I doubled the recipe and it fed the whole gang perfectly. I also added most of a shredded roasted chicken and real bacon chunks. It was perfect.

4. Big fancy family meal



I planned to make: 
Cold Garlic & Soy Marinated Green Beans


These were TO DIE FOR. Great at dinner, great the next day. I'd wager a guess that they'd also be great baked briefly. I WILL make these again.

Broccoli Parmesan Fritters


These were easier than I thought - when I first pinned them I was very  nervous, it took me over a year to make them! but they were in fact pretty easy and tasted great. 

Pommes Ana


I made half of them in a regular muffin tin and half in a silicon muffin tin - they turned out very differently. The regular muffin tin tended to be hotter and drier and the silicon took way longer to cook and remained very moist. Both ways were good though.
Also I added garlic and onion salt to the recipe and it was great. 

Zucchini Boats


I used mini Zucchini from Costco this time and enjoyed the smaller size a lot. Other than that its a good as when I made it the first time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...