Monday, May 27, 2013

Menu Plan Monday and a top ten for happiness



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Monday:  Stirfry
Tonight is a night filled with much food prep: I'm making thursdays dinner (times two, so I can take a batch to my dear friends Nate and Leah as they have just had a baby girl), maple treats (for my maple loving friend Stef's bridal shower) and chocolate chip banana bread. I wanted a quick and easy dinner. 

Tuesday: NADA
Paul's BBQ'ing with the guys from lifegroup and the rest of our household is out. I'm out at a Stef's bridal shower that night. 

Wednesday: Paul's Chili
I'm out at my friend Rebekah's Stagette (she gets married Saturday!) for dinner, but then at 8pm we're all heading back to my house. So Paul's in charge of feeding our gang and then getting them all out of the living room and upstairs so we girls can party. 

Thursday: Tomato Basil Spaghetti with Meatballs
I'm away in washington doing wedding prep and hanging out with the soon to be bride, so I'll make this ahead and leave it for people to heat up. 

Friday: Paul's French Toast
I'm still away at the wedding so Paul is making his other famous dish, French Toast. 

Saturday: YOYO (You're On Your Own)
Both Paul and I will be away at the wedding at this point.

Sunday: YOYO (You're On Your Own)
After church we are heading out for an engagement dinner party for friends, so our crew is on their own again. 

Ten things that make me really happy (not in any order)

1. Sunshine on my face, and feeling the wind - being outside
2. My House
3. Great food and drinks
4. A good book, yet to be discovered
5. Travelling / adventuring
6. Friends - strong, lasting relationships
7. Family
8. Being Married to Paul
9. God - so thankful for the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made that I might have adundant life!
10. Church Family

There is so much more that also makes me happy, but this makes a good overview of Tara's life happyness. It feel kind of weird to mix the trivial (food, books, etc) with the profound (God, family, friends) but both combined make me the happiest. 

This past weekend has been filled with a lot of happiness. Friday night I sat in the sun with a beer and a book, then I went out for dinner wtih my Nana (love love love her) and then I got to have her over to our new house and show her all around. Nana left by 9pm, so I got to sit at home with a book, a drink and some chips and rest before getting into bed at 10pm...ON A FRIDAY! Love it. 

Saturday I was up bright and early for a trip to Nanaimo. I caught the 8:30am ferry easily and had a peaceful time - reading, drinking tea, staring out at the water and typing away on my ipad. happy happy. 



Then I spent the day with Crystal (she's getting married in October and I'm in her wedding) making wedding crafts and chatting with the other bridesmaids. I also had a great time connecting with Crystal's sister Savanna - she's great to chat with and it was so nice to pray together before she dropped me off at the ferry. God is so good. 

On top of that I got the best seat on the ferry and got to drive a stranger home - years of HATING transit after the ferry ride has made me always be on the lookout for others who might want a life home whenever I have a car. 





Plus when I got home Paul was home from 3 days away in Oregon, and our friends John and Nellie were over - they were staying at the house for the weekend. It was great to all stay up and chat and John and Nellie got me the most beautiful flowers. I spread the bouquet out over a few vases and flowers in almost every room makes me smile.



Sunday I got to sleep in with Paul, hang out with Lindsay while doing some planning, and then host at church. After church we had friends over for dinner - I hadn't seen them in years and years and it was so lovely to see them. Cora is a friend from Nanaimo, and is also my friend Lisa's cousin. Due to her not being on facebook we'd lost touch for the past 5 years or so but thankfully I literally almost ran over her a couple months back and we made a plan to get together. It was great fun. 

And now it's work time - ready for a new (short) week. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What beautiful photos. I love relaxing in the morning, with a cup of coffee and quiet before the busy day gets started.
Have a wonderful and delicious week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...