Monday, May 6, 2013

Menu Plan Monday & a favorite quote


Tonight is a Deacons Meeting at 7pm, so I needed something easy. I'll simply throw some potatoes in the oven when I first get home, then 10 minutes before eating toss some zucchini into the oven as well, and pull the chicken out of the crockpot. Easy and tasty.

Tuesday: Greek Pasta Salad & Chicken Wings for LG
Chopped cucumbers & tomatoes, crumbled Feta, cooked pasta & Cesar vinaigrette dressing and Wings in a variety of flavors (Honey Garlic, BBQ, Greek and seasoned). 

Wednesday - MY 30th BIRTHDAY: Creamy Chicken Taco's
I wanted something tasty and easy for my birthday and that is Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco's for sure. We are building my desk into my closet that night, so this is a perfect easy meal.

Thursday: Perogie Lasagne
Thursday is my hang out with Jenna, so dinner needs to be simple so I can make it to her house in time to tuck my nephews in.

Friday - Jenna's 28th Birthday: Crockpot Italian One pot meal
And Friday is Jenna's Birthday, so I needed soemthing extra fast so I could get over to her house in time to babysit her kids so her and her hubby can go out on a bday date.

Saturday: T’s birthday party
Appies, Appies and more appies

Sunday: YOYO (You're On Your Own)
We have a Morgan family dinner to celebrate May Birthdays (Ted, Katie, Tara and Tyler) and Mothers Day - so we won't be home for dinner. Our newest student arrives from Brazil that day as well. 

31 Days of Blogging Topic: Favorite quote and why you love it

“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.” - Anaïs Nin

When I saw this quote years ago I felt such relief. People have often made fun of me for blogging. I have always loved to capture the moment - to live it and enjoy it, and to re-live it and re-enjoy it. I never understand exactly what I was doing until I read this quote. I finally felt free to re-create and re-live every moment. That is what I love about blogging, a second chance to taste life. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...