Monday, September 30, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 
Monday: Sun dried Tomato Pasta with roasted chicken and veggies 
I picked up two roasted Chickens at Costco for $4.99 each so that will make this an extra easy meal week. The two should be good for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday dinners. The pasta I'm making tonight will be invited by me, but something similar to this.

Tuesday: Costco Lasagna and Salad
We had tons of leftovers from the church dinner on Sunday - my aunt sent me home with 4 Lasagne's and lots of lettuce...and even some dessert! What a treat to have dinner made in advance!

Using some of that roasted chicken I will be making this very fun dish. 

We bumped this from last week and I'm stoked to try it, especially since I have that chicken ready! I love Thai Coconut Curry's.

Friday: Chicken Sausage, Orzo bake and roasted veggies
I snagged some chicken sausage at Costco USA and am stoked to have an easy dinner for Friday.  We will be leaving early for the Island on Saturday and want an easy and restful Friday. 

Saturday: YOYO (You're On Your Own) 
Paul and I are away on the Island for Crystal and John's respective Stagette and Stag. Our housemates are on their own for dinner. I'm stoked for this stagette - Crystal is one of my dearest friends, she planned my stagette as one of my bridesmaids and I couldn't be more thrilled to be a part of her wedding season.

Sunday: YOYO (You're On Your Own) 
Sunday we will be home mid day and will either make something easy or eat out - we'll be tired!

Reviews from last week:
Monday: Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu. This was a win! The whole house loved it. It was so easy to make Paul put it together for me. I cooked up some pasta to toss in with it and roasted some veggies on the side. After dinner I got to rest and do some house work - lovely...the rest that is. 

Tuesday: Greek wraps for 20 ppl: Using the sauce from this recipe and this easier crockpot recipe for the chicken. Man was it nice to come home to lifegroup dinner bubbling away in the crockpot! This was a HUGE hit. Everyone loved it. I also threw together some Greek Rice - Rice tossed with greek seasoning and Feta cheese. Mmm. On top of that Lifegroup was great and I'm getting more and more excited for Tuesdays. 

Wednesday:  Crockpot Creamy Chicken Tacos. Our house always likes this meal and tonight was no different. And after a nice filling dinner Paul and I went into our room to chat....we ended up laying on the bed for hours talking until we fell asleep. It was an excellent evening. 

I bumped this meal to next week - I was meeting with my personal trainer and headed straight to my sisters - Paul whipped up some noodles for him and Jessie.   

Friday: Spaghetti and Meatballs 
We had Chapel looming and it was a rainy day. Lyndsay brought over some na'an bread so I decided to make Butter Chicken instead. It was warm and tasty. Chapel that night was AMAZING - there were 500 youth there! Then we hit up a philipino birthday party and then a Chapel after party. Great great great night. 





Saturday: YOYO (You're On Your Own) 
Paul and I were up bright and early to head to America. We are hosting a few thanksgiving dinners so we bought a bunch of turkeys and a couple of hams while we were there. We picked up some work pants for Paul and generally stocked up on groceries. We also enjoyed a date lunch out at the Olive Garden. We were back home by 3pm and unpacked and in our PJ's by 4pm. We watched movies with Jodi and rested. It was perfect! Then at 7pm we got ready for my cousin Jonathan's 25th birthday extravaganza. Great times! 



Sunday: YOYO (You're On Your Own) 
Sunday we made a farewell brunch for Jodi and then spent the entirety of our day in our PJ's. Our family photo shoot was cancelled as it was pouring out. So we rested and did house chores and felt gloriously relaxed. We headed off to church for 3:30, then had a church members meeting, then a big church dinner and a night of prayer and hanging out. 6+ hours with our church family and we were as happy as can be!


2 comments:

LeAnna said...

ooooh, i like that ur reviewing the dishes now! i may have to join the link-up since my menus are always planned by the previous monday anyway.

Unknown said...

Really enjoyed seeing all of the photos. Looks like you had a fun week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...