Monday, September 8, 2014

Menu Plan Monday, Sept 8th



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 
Monday: Spaghetti Sauce with Spaghetti Squash
Tonight is a lifegroup leaders meeting so fast dinner was important - I already have marinara sauce at home, so I just need to heat that up, roast the spaghetti squash and cook some noodles to bulk it up for our housemates. 

Tuesday: Garlic Honey Mustard Ham, roasted potatoes and roasted vegetables
Tuesday is lifegroup night - I knew I'd need some extra ham for the following night's dinner and cooking a ham is super easy! So a plan was born. The only labour intensive part of this nice sit down dinner is cutting up the potatoes, which I'll be doing tonight!

Wednesday: Crockpot Ham & Potato Soup
Wednesday we will be finally making the bed in the new guest room - we hadn't gotten to that yet after we moved the rooms around so that's our plan. A crockpot meal seemed especially helpful on a day like that. 

Thursday: Baked Parmesan Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
Thursday Paul's mom comes into town. Both Paul and I work Thursday and then we'll all have dinner together at home and plan our time together! I've got some meal options I can make, but I also know Nancy loves to eat out so while I'll have the ingredients on hand to make any of these dishes we will most likely be popping out for dinner for some meals. 

Weekend Meal Options:  
Pan roasted Chicken Thighs with Parm Roasted Tomatoes, Grilled Vegetables and Gnocchi
Balsamic Steak Skewers with twice baked potatoes and vegetables
Sriracha Chicken Bacon Ranch Skewers with Sun dried tomato broccoli, roasted veg and rice
Pizza + Veggie Crust Pizza [1 or 2] Toppings: shredded chicken, boursin and lots of veggies!
Thai Coconut Chicken Skewers and Coconut Rice (and coconut brown rice)

Thursday to Tuesday will be full of adventures! Nancy is always up to see and do anything "Vancouver" and we are thrilled to do that with her! Paul has some things he'd like to do, we'll be finding out what Nancy is interested in doing, and we'll most likely come up with some fun spur of the moment things too. It should be a great couple days!

In Review:
Tuesday: Taco's!
Tuesday was lifegroup and man were taco's easy! We also had a wonderful lifegroup discussion about the new year and came up with a solid faith filled vision for how to move forward. So thankful for these people!

Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner
Wednesday was a quick breakfast for dinner then Paul and I headed over to my mom's to hang out with her for a bit. We brought adventures in Narnia to read to her, the Magicians Nephew to start, and she loved it! So did we! Paul read four chapters to her and it was really fun! 

Thursday: Crockpot Taco Soup
Thursday was another night with Mom, so this crockpot soup was a lifesaver and it tasted awesome! Then I headed off alone to see Mom and we continued to read Narnia. It was so fun and specialy - my mom read Narnia to me when I was just little!

Friday:  Zucchini Lasagna
Friday was a perfectly lovely day - I mean to sleep in but couldn't so I got up and emptied out my closet (it wasn't that hard, half of it was already on the floor) and switched all my clothes from old plastic hangers to the new velvet, no slip, space saver, hangers. Oooo it looks better and takes up less room! I also purged two garbage bags full of clothes! 

Lindsay and Wyatt came over around 10:30am for the day, Irene and Farai joined us for lunch. It was a very relaxing time. Then I took a nap. After that I prepped dinner and had some lovely lovely ladies over for a movie. Laura, Charlotte and Charlotte are always a joy to have around! It was a wonderful day.

Saturday: YOYO
Saturday I slept in then ran errands and worked on the house until 4. I organized clothes and folded things. I hit up Costco and Ikea. It was very productive. Then I headed to my sister's house for family dinner and an evening hang out. I love when days are both productive and relaxing. 




Sunday: Twice Baked Potato Boats Leftover Zucchini Lasagna
Sunday was super super productive - probably too much so. My back was fairly achey by the end. But I got tons done and that felt great. Then it was on to church at our new building and time  - love baptisms! And then it was home for some leftovers and a lovely hang out with Hanne and Drian after a few months without quality time with both of them! 

And then last night I couldn't sleep - laid in bed for three hours trying! Finally drifted to sleep at 1:30am and 6:30am came early! And on my way to work this morning my favorite pink lulu jacket (that I wear almost every day and have owned for three years and love love love) flew out of my bike's basket on my ride in to work and I didn't notice! Paul was behind me by about 10 minutes and didn't see it on the road anywhere. Tragedy. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...