Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Menu Plan, November 19th



Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 
MondayPotato Skins, half pulled pork, half shredded chicken. 
Monday night was an at home evening - I swung by IGA and Costco on my way home, and while at home I prepped potatoes for the following night, shredded chicken, put broth on to cook and did a bunch of other kitchen stuff, as well as put all the groceries away and make lunches. Busy but needed! We had a guest in town from Calgary so she helped me with my work, and it was lovely to spend time with her! I love spontaneous guests, especially from our sister EN church. 

Tuesday: Ham, roasted golden beets & sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes & side salad. 

Tuesday was lifegroup - I threw a ham into the oven (always easy), roasted some golden beets & sweet potatoes, heated up mashed potatoes, baked some other potatoes & pulled together a side salad. It was most tasty. Lifegroup itself was lovely - we were in small groups and it was such a sweet time. People stayed around chatting a while, and I prepped the next days lunches and dinner. 

Wednesday: Spaghetti, and a side salad. 
Today I am very tired, I need me some sleep! Thankfully dinner is partially prepped, so I can rest between dinner (after making lunches) and a meeting at our house at 7:30. At 7:30 we have our womens ministry meeting, which will be done by 9 and, I write this on the internet for all to see, I intent to go to bed then. Right then. 

Thursday: YOYO
Thursday we are out at John & Lindsay's place for dinner - it will be lovely. Thursday is my Friday so I will be feeling footloose and fancy free. We'll chat and play board games and it will be lovely. 

Friday: Slow Cooker Butter Chicken

Friday we have friends coming over in the evening after dinner, and I have different productive things to do throughout the day. 

Saturday: YOYO
Saturday we have lunch plans in Langley with our friends Josh & Shannon, then we head to Surrey for a family dinner. 

Sunday: Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki

Sunday we HAVE NOTHING TO DO. I am going to sleep in. Hear that body, let me sleep! I will lounge. I will rest. It will be glorious. I need it, quite badly at this point. Also after church in the evening I will decorate for Christmas with our two students Sam & Xiao, pumped!

Week in Review: 
Tuesday: YOYO / Olive Garden
Tuesday was Travel Day! We woke up at 2am pacific time, traveled until 12pm pacific time. We were tired but it was  a safe and productive day, including a lovely lunch at Olive Garden. 

Wednesday: Crockpot Cheesy Potato Soup Costco Tortilla Soup
Wednesday was my only night at home. I reheated Costco Tortilla Soup and served with shredded cheese and chips, repacked for my weekend away and cleaned the fridge. After a week away with students running the show, the fridge was in need of some organization!

Thursday: Crockpot Italian Chicken Crockpot Cheesy Potato Soup

Thursday I left this soup in the crockpot for my students to dish out, I worked then headed straight for the ferry. After a long busride (thankfully I'm preggers so I got a seat), I made it to the ferry and had a salmon salad...tasty and healthy. I got to hang out with my nana for a bit before bed. 

Friday/SaturdayYOYO - Tara in Victoria, BC

Friday I spent a lovely day with my Nana, visited with my aunt, and then met up with all the girls at the Condo for the weekend. It was super lovely. It was a very refreshing weekend. 



Sunday: Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki Pulled Pork Nachos

Sunday I got back JUST in time to go to church - I didn't have time to put anything in the crock pot but that worked out ok, as I had some leftover pulled pork and managed to pull together some very tasty pulled pork nachos after church instead. Lovely!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...