Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Menu Plan Monday, March 23rd

Menu Plan Monday with Laura at Org Junkie

Upcoming week: 

MondayYOYO
Monday was dinner with new friends Mark & Janis at their house after a morning of Mac learning (Organizing Your Mac & Personalizing Your Mac) and a brief USA trip to pick up a few packages. The trip was fast and easy, the learning in the morning was great and our time with our new friends was so wonderful. Plus they made me gluten free pasta that tasted fabulous!

Tuesday: Maui Ribs, Vegetables & Baked Potatoes
Tuesday I am staying home - folding newly washed baby clothes, working on our taxes, prepping food & cleaning the fridge, RESTING and working around the house. Then it's dinner with the house, ending with D Group at 8 at Lindsays place.

Wednesday: Man Pleasing Chicken with veggies & potatoes 
Wednesday I am seeing my good friend Sarah for coffee, we haven't hung out in over a year so I can't wait! I will also be seeing my doctor for my weekly check in and having a 38 week mani/pedi to celebrate hitting my due month, thanks to a gift from my boss. Stoked! I have no evening plans so this is a good night to make a great dinner. 

Thursday: Crockpot Creamy Chicken Tacos

Thursday is family walk, lunch with Paul's grandparents, time with my sister and a movie date night with Paul to see Insurgent at the VIP theatre. Awesome day. Mexican food after a day with family and before a date - win!

Friday: 
YOYO
Friday is lunch with my cousin LeAnna at her work & an evening with the Froese's - Laura is kindly cooking since I am so pregnant - so that's a nice treat!

Saturday: YOYO
Saturday Paul is most likely away all day for a stag so I'll be doing more of the resting and nesting that I'm prone to doing now and will spend some time with family as well hopefully. 

Sunday: 
Melt in your mouth chicken with veggies & rice
Sunday is a Women's Ministry Meeting in the afternoon, then church, and dinner with our house and maybe some friends? Hopefully also some resting and sleeping in as well, and putting up a collage wall in Avelynn's room with Paul. 

I was away for a week so my house got to try some new crockpot recipes, and since I've been back I've also been focusing on easy recipes myself. These were some of the hits. 

Meals in Review: 
Chicken Taco Soup: Always popular, easy and tasty. 
Tangy Grilled Chicken: Not marinated long enough, but still tasted decently.
Crock Pot Cheesy Meatball Tortellini: Big hit with the house, easy enough for Paul to put in for me.
Crockpot Tomato Soup: Uses up lots of veggies & tastes great, very easy. 
Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage: AMAZING. The sauce this makes is fabulous and tastes awesome when used later. 
Slow Cooker Thai Curry Chicken: Good, a bit time consuming for the limited flavour but still a good option. 

Recently I've been loving roasted Brussel Sprouts and steamed Asparagus, Broccoli & Carrots (or the ABC's of veggies? Yes? No? I like it - I'm sticking with that name). For potatoes I've been using a mix of:

  • mini potatoes (when I'm in a rush and don't have time to peel or cut) roasted with some powdered parmesan, garlic & onion salt and Garlic 4 Herb seasoning, baked at 450 for 45 minutes.
  • Medium white potatoes, diced & possibly peeled, seasoned similarly.
  • Baked Potatoes with all the toppings.
  • Mashed Potatoes (peeled & diced), boiled and then mashed with boursin & cheese. 
And now I'm off to rest and nest some more! My fingers are tingly and swollen, so I guess it's time to shift positions. Also turns out steamed broccoli & roasted potatoes leftovers, sautéed with whisked eggs, make for a fabulous breakfast. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...